Winter essentials - thick fluffy socks and lip balm!
My first finished printed leather traveller's notebook prototype, pictured here with the larger un-printed version I originally made for my sketchbooks.
Getting ready to cut and trim the notebooks.
Two of the best photos from my first try using Impossible Project film in my Polaroid Land camera 1000! I did my best to shade the film as it came out of the camera, but shooting in the cold weather did not help much either. As Impossible Project have their own chemical formulas, this early version of their film is a little unstable. The newer 2.0 versions are supposed to be more stable, so I am looking forward to trying those out!
July is International Zine Month, so I decided to try and make a foldable one-page zine. This is the pattern I created from the panels to be printed on the back. The zine can be unfolded completely, and the back can be used as a poster.
June was cold but busy! I got stuck into several projects and finally tried out laser-cutting for the first time.
I created the model for my laser-cut project in Google Sketchup and then used a plugin to split the 3d model out into separate faces. I had a few hiccups getting the final file ready, but the folks at Ponoko were very helpful and checked my file over to make sure it would be okay to cut!
My new portfolio is finally online at vickyholloway.com! This is something I had been meaning to do for ages. I built my own from scratch, but decided to try out Adobe's My Portfolio service as it syncs with my Behance profile.
I had previously set up my portfolio using the SimplePie plugin to sync with Behance, but support for the plugin eventually stopped and then I was back to updating every new project manually.
Hopefully this new portfolio will be much easier to update and manage!